FPC, TMT, and memory usage.

Ok, I know that Dos 6.22 can't use more than 64 Megs of memory, but what
about FPC pascal, and TMT Pascal? Can they use say, 128 Megs of ram if I
have it? TIA :-)

--
Patrick D. Rockwell
mailto:prockw...@thegrid.net

Re:FPC, TMT, and memory usage.

In article <38A82E0E.9AB61...@thegrid.net>, Patrick D. Rockwell

<prockw...@thegrid.net> wrote:
> Ok, I know that Dos 6.22 can't use more than 64 Megs of memory, but what
> about FPC pascal, and TMT Pascal? Can they use say, 128 Megs of ram if I
> have it? TIA :-)

FPC is limited by the maximum amount the dpmi server can give it. I
don't know what this maximum is, but it could very well be 64MB.

Jonas

Re:FPC, TMT, and memory usage.

Marco wrote:

> > > Ok, I know that Dos 6.22 can't use more than 64 Megs of memory, but what
> > > about FPC pascal, and TMT Pascal? Can they use say, 128 Megs of ram if I
> > > have it? TIA :-)

> > FPC is limited by the maximum amount the dpmi server can give it. I
> > don't know what this maximum is, but it could very well be 64MB.

> Yes and no, you are right, but only for the dos (Go32V2) version which
> uses DPMI. The win32 compiler doesn't have such limits, and is only
> limited by the same things all Windows applications are.

> Same for the Linux version, it can definitely use >64 MB I don't know
> about the OS/2 version

What about TMT pascal?

--
Patrick D. Rockwell