I like Delphi

So many years I have been working with Delphi and I still love it.
No one of software providers gives so powerful, convenient and reliable
tool in developers' hands. The newest technologies appear in every
new version. How many beautiful and handy details
Borland implemented in it! Thank you from the bottom of my hart!

Now I have to shift my attention more to developing Oracle stored
procedures.
I wonder to know if there are convenient creating and debugging tools
(like IDE in Delphi) to program Oracle 8i stored procedures ?

Re:I like Delphi

hi vlad

try out sql navigator from quest software (www.quest.com), or pl/sql
developer from allround automations (www.allroundautomations.com)

either of them aren't as good as delphi's ide, but in my opinion, they're
better than oracle's procedure builder.

eliseo.

Vlad Gonchar wrote:
> I wonder to know if there are convenient creating and debugging tools
> (like IDE in Delphi) to program Oracle 8i stored procedures ?

Not like the IDE, but TOAD (www.quest.com) is widely used, and there is a
nice product from the creators of DOA (www.allroundautomations.nl).  Stay
away from the Oracle tools, which are terrible!  Get _Oracle PL/SQL
Programming_ (O'Reilly) by Steve Feuerstein, which will save you lots of
time.

John Pierce

Re:I like Delphi

Another nice thing about TOAD is that it was written in Delphi!

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Re:I like Delphi

Use TOAD.  We have for the past 3 years and have not looked back.  There is
a freeware version too - though you need to download updates on a regular
basis.

Rather good piece of S/W imo.

Cheers

"jmm" <j...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3b4ca876$1_1@dnews...
> Another nice thing about TOAD is that it was written in Delphi!

> Just thought I'd throw that in.

Other Threads