Can Any One Help using SQLSERVER My DBGrid control - Problems

I am Useing a SQL Server and I need to be checking the record count Because
I have run in to a problem that is That In my DBGrid if the Query returns
one record the only thing that is in the DBGrid is the row containing the
titles and blank record. Have you or any one run into this problem?

Before you ask the options set on DBGrid are the following:

   Form1.DBGrid6.TabStop := False;
   Form1.DBGrid6.ReadOnly := True;
   Form1.DBGrid6.Options := Form1.DBGrid6.Options - [dgEditing];
   Form1.DBGrid6.Options := Form1.DBGrid6.Options + [dgRowSelect];
   Form1.DBGrid6.Options := Form1.DBGrid6.Options + [dgAlwaysShowSelection];

 THANKS