D3: TAutoObjectFactory.Instancing usage

Hello,

Could anyone explain what the significance of the instancing variable of
type TClassInstancing is when used in a call to AutoObjectFactory.Create?

I've looked at the help file, but don't really understand the effect this
variable on com object creation in practice.  I.e, in practical terms,
when should I use ciInternal, ciSingleInstance and ciMultipleInstance?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Grant Johnson

Grant Johnson
Advansys Pty Limited
grant.john...@acslink.aone.net.au

Re:D3: TAutoObjectFactory.Instancing usage

    Could you tell me how can I use  ciInternal class , for example, how can I
create object of ciInternal ? Thanks !

rocky

Pavel Cisar wrote:
> Grant Johnson p?e ve zprv

> >I've looked at the help file, but don't really understand the effect this
> >variable on com object creation in practice.  I.e, in practical terms,
> >when should I use ciInternal, ciSingleInstance and ciMultipleInstance?

> - ciInternal classes are'nt registered by server in windows registry.
> - ciSingleInstance allow create only one instance per server instance
> (request for next instance launch new instance of out-of-process server.
> Used often by SDI servers). ciMultipleInstance is selfexplained ;-)

> HTH

>   Pavel Cisar <pci...@aktis.cz>
>   SW developer
>   AKTIS a.s.
>   Project NEXUS

>   Pavel Cisar
>   SW developer     <pci...@aktis.cz>
>   AKTIS a.s.
>   Project NEXUS
>   Na Valentince 1
>   Prague 5
>   150 00
>   Czech Republic
>   Additional Information:
>   Version   2.1
>   Last Name Cisar
>   First NamePavel
>   Label WorkNa Valentince 1 Prague 5 150 00 Czech Republic
>   Label HomePrague Czech Republic
>   Revision  19980216T075259Z

Re:D3: TAutoObjectFactory.Instancing usage

Internal classes are'nt be instantiated trought OLE Win32 calls, but can be
created internally by constructor call. Internal classes are mostly used in
aggregations.

>    Could you tell me how can I use  ciInternal class , for example, how
can I
>create object of ciInternal ? Thanks !

>rocky

Other Threads