Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
Configuration Management and Document Control:
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[SPAM block: change at to @ in my e-mail address]

Re:UserName & Password Prompt for DB

Hi there Brian,

I asked the same question some time ago. This is a reply I got from M.H.
Avegaart.
About your question if you did something wrong. I guess not, getting a login
screen is normal even when you haven't given a password (making the ODBC
connection). To get rid of the login use th TDataBase component.

Best wishes, Darius Blaszijk

<<
a. Add a TDatabase component to your form.
b. Set the AliasName property to the BDE alias you are using.
c. Set the DatabaseName property to a unique value.
d. Set the LoginPrompt property to False.
e. Add the following lines to the Params property (if you database requires
a password):

USER NAME=<name>
PASSWORD=<pwd>

f. Change the DatabaseName property of all your TTable, TQuery and
TStoredProc components to the DatabaseName of the TDatabase

"Brian" <bkiss...@ndev.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I'm a pretty new Delphi user about 1 month, and I'm trying to create
> database applications. The problem I'm having is that when I enter the
> tablename in the Table componet, I get a username and password prompt. I'm
> not trying to connect to a remote database, its all local. Is there
> something else that needs to be set up on my database or in the bde before
> attempt to setup my datasource and table componets???

> Thanks in advance.

> Brian

Re:UserName & Password Prompt for DB

Looks to me like you are trying to access some ODBC alias, as ODBC
always asks for user and pass.. (can be Access can be InterBase), or
you are accessing to tables which require username and password.

More likely that you screwed up something in Object inspector... if
not, and db really requires username and password, use database
component. (look description in help)

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:36:02 -0700, "Brian" <bkiss...@ndev.com> wrote:
>Hi,

>I'm a pretty new Delphi user about 1 month, and I'm trying to create
>database applications. The problem I'm having is that when I enter the
>tablename in the Table componet, I get a username and password prompt. I'm
>not trying to connect to a remote database, its all local. Is there
>something else that needs to be set up on my database or in the bde before I
>attempt to setup my datasource and table componets???

>Thanks in advance.

>Brian

Re:UserName & Password Prompt for DB

I'm trying to access a MS Access DB table that I created. Its a simple table
I created to test without any username or password requirements.

"Dan Brennand" <D...@CMDCsystems.com> wrote in message

> What database are you using?

> --
> Dan Brennand
> CMDC systems, inc.
> Configuration Management and Document Control:
> visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
> [SPAM block: change at to @ in my e-mail address]

Re:UserName & Password Prompt for DB

Are you using ADO or BDE?

See, you need to post more info if you really want quick answers
without many questions being asked first.

> I'm trying to access a MS Access DB table that I created. Its a simple table
> I created to test without any username or password requirements.

Re:UserName & Password Prompt for DB

Hi Brian,

you have to explain yourself some more, like what kind of database you are
using
Also the smallest example(a little piece of code) you can create to show
what you are doing can be nice for someone to overthionk a answer.

Some tables can be created with an internal password, if you don't want this
you can use the DBaseIV format (*.dbf). They work fine and are simple to
work with.

Good luck,
Rens

"Brian" <bkiss...@ndev.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I'm a pretty new Delphi user about 1 month, and I'm trying to create
> database applications. The problem I'm having is that when I enter the
> tablename in the Table componet, I get a username and password prompt. I'm
> not trying to connect to a remote database, its all local. Is there
> something else that needs to be set up on my database or in the bde before
> attempt to setup my datasource and table componets???

> Thanks in advance.

> Brian

Re:UserName & Password Prompt for DB

Well, the TDatabase and TADOConnection components have a boolean property
named "LoginPrompt"... maybe you should start there. :-)

Cheers

--
Brian Smith, a code-monkey first, a goofball second.
http://www.massive.nu

"Brian" <bkiss...@ndev.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I'm a pretty new Delphi user about 1 month, and I'm trying to create
> database applications. The problem I'm having is that when I enter the
> tablename in the Table componet, I get a username and password prompt. I'm
> not trying to connect to a remote database, its all local. Is there
> something else that needs to be set up on my database or in the bde before
> attempt to setup my datasource and table componets???

> Thanks in advance.

> Brian

Re:UserName & Password Prompt for DB

How to get a SysTreeView32 to work into
my program ?

tnx,
m00x

Re:UserName & Password Prompt for DB

In article <90nhvs$lr...@milzis.latnet.lv>, m...@sr.gov.lv says...
> How to get a SysTreeView32 to work into
> my program ?

Drop a TTreeView onto the form.
(If this isn't the answer to your question, you need to restate the
question!)
--
- Neil
"Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing, z'nourrrwringmm"

Other Threads