TEAMB ??? >>> Moveto seems not to be working

Hi,

In a very simple program, with just a treeview and a button, I try to use
the moveto procedure of a treenode, but this procedure seems not to have any
effect when I set the nodeattachmode to naAddChild or naAddChildFirst.  When
I set it to naInsert, the moved node gets inserted before the destionation
node, while the helpfile states that it should be inserted after the
destination node ...

Any information about this ??

Jan

jacobs....@planetinternet.be

Re:TEAMB ??? >>> Moveto seems not to be working

In naInsert mode you insert the node AFTER the destination node.
You need it, too.

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik.
FIDO: 2:463/106.14

Jan Jacobs D??? ???Y?? <7dpu2d$8h...@forums.borland.com> ...

>Hi,

>In a very simple program, with just a treeview and a button, I try to use
>the moveto procedure of a treenode, but this procedure seems not to have
any
>effect when I set the nodeattachmode to naAddChild or naAddChildFirst.
When
>I set it to naInsert, the moved node gets inserted before the destionation
>node, while the helpfile states that it should be inserted after the
>destination node ...

>Any information about this ??

>Jan

>jacobs....@planetinternet.be

Re:TEAMB ??? >>> Moveto seems not to be working

Jan Jacobs wrote:

Miond if I ask why you only want TeamB to read and respond?

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
http://home1.gte.net/joehecht/index.htm

Re:TEAMB ??? >>> Moveto seems not to be working

Joe :-)

Sorry, but I already posted this message before, and noone could answer me
...  or they didn't wanted to.  So I guessed TeamB could help.  Anyway, if
you know the answer, please tell me, because I need the thing pretty urgent.
Otherwise I need to delete and create a node instead of moving it ...
causes troubles with appended data

Jan

Joe C. Hecht <joehe...@gte.net> wrote in message

>Jan Jacobs wrote:

>Miond if I ask why you only want TeamB to read and respond?

>Joe
>--
>Joe C. Hecht
>http://home1.gte.net/joehecht/index.htm

Re:TEAMB ??? >>> Moveto seems not to be working

any idea about naAddchild etc ???

Jan

Mike Shkolnik <mshkol...@rs-ukraine.kiev.ua> wrote in message

>In naInsert mode you insert the node AFTER the destination node.
>You need it, too.

>--
>With best regards, Mike Shkolnik.
>FIDO: 2:463/106.14
>E-Mail: mshkol...@rs-ukraine.kiev.ua
>        m...@woccu.freenet.kiev.ua
>WEB: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Grid/3989

>Jan Jacobs D??? ???Y?? <7dpu2d$8h...@forums.borland.com> ...
>>Hi,

>>In a very simple program, with just a treeview and a button, I try to use
>>the moveto procedure of a treenode, but this procedure seems not to have
>any
>>effect when I set the nodeattachmode to naAddChild or naAddChildFirst.
>When
>>I set it to naInsert, the moved node gets inserted before the destionation
>>node, while the helpfile states that it should be inserted after the
>>destination node ...

>>Any information about this ??

>>Jan

>>jacobs....@planetinternet.be

Re:TEAMB ??? >>> Moveto seems not to be working

Jan, your task is very simply!

With MoveTo you can reattach node in any other node:
- naAdd: Adds the node to the end of the list.
- naAddFirst: Adds the node at the beginning of the list.
- naAddChild: Adds the node as a child of the destination at the end of the
child list.
- naAddChildFirst: Adds the node as a child at the beginning of the child
list of the destination.
- naInsert: Insert the node after the destination node.

If you want move treenode in ANY new place (not in Begin/End of then list)
then you can set Destination node to other item (by GetNext/GetPrev and
GetNextChild/GetPrevChild) and use a naInsert mode for attaching item after
wished node.

For example, if you want attach a last child of the selected item before
third child of selected then write:

Selected.GetLastChild.MoveTo(Selected.GetFirstChild.GetNext.GetNext,
naInsert)

--

Jan Jacobs D??? ???Y?? <7drgkg$a8...@forums.borland.com> ...

>any idea about naAddchild etc ???

>Jan

>Mike Shkolnik <mshkol...@rs-ukraine.kiev.ua> wrote in message
>>In naInsert mode you insert the node AFTER the destination node.
>>You need it, too.

>>--
>>With best regards, Mike Shkolnik.
>>FIDO: 2:463/106.14
>>E-Mail: mshkol...@rs-ukraine.kiev.ua
>>        m...@woccu.freenet.kiev.ua
>>WEB: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Grid/3989

>>Jan Jacobs D??? ???Y?? <7dpu2d$8h...@forums.borland.com> ...
>>>Hi,

>>>In a very simple program, with just a treeview and a button, I try to use
>>>the moveto procedure of a treenode, but this procedure seems not to have
>>any
>>>effect when I set the nodeattachmode to naAddChild or naAddChildFirst.
>>When
>>>I set it to naInsert, the moved node gets inserted before the
destionation
>>>node, while the helpfile states that it should be inserted after the
>>>destination node ...

>>>Any information about this ??

>>>Jan

>>>jacobs....@planetinternet.be