SQL 2000 trusted Connection

Hi,
I got a problem when I upgraded my client from SQL7 client to SQL2000
client.
I Cant login with a trusted connection anymore.
When I try I get an error saying
  Unknown user name or password
  login failed for user '(null)', reason Not assisiated with a trusted SQL
Server connection

I have blankt out the Username parameter both in the TDatabase componenet
and in the
BDE Administrator Naitive Driver for MSSQL.
It works fine with SQL7 client if I use blank username in the BDE.

I have tried severel characters in the Username parameter including blank,
space and others
but nothing works.

Ill get the same error if i try to connect direct from the BDE
Administrator.
I have tried to upgrade my BDE to 5.2 but this doesnt helps either.

I hope anyone can help me with this problem so I dont have to rewrite the
whole application using ADO instead.

Jorgen Paulsson

Re:SQL 2000 trusted Connection

If i remember well it has something to do with the security model you used to
install SQL2000, it's not a BDE/Delphi problem, so don't rewrite your
application.  :)
Check if you have integrated NT security in the SQL2000 installation or SQL
security instead.

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

Re:SQL 2000 trusted Connection

I still think its a BDE problem, because i cant connect to a MSSQL 7
server either.
But I can connect to my MSSQL 2000 server with a client using MSSQL 7.
I doesnt matter if I use integrated security or I use SQL security.

J?rgen Paulsson

"Guillermo Casta?o A" <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> wrote in message

> If i remember well it has something to do with the security model you used
> install SQL2000, it's not a BDE/Delphi problem, so don't rewrite your
> application.  :)
> Check if you have integrated NT security in the SQL2000 installation or
SQL
> security instead.

> "J?rgen Paulsson" wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I got a problem when I upgraded my client from SQL7 client to SQL2000
> > client.
> > I Cant login with a trusted connection anymore.
> > When I try I get an error saying
> >   Unknown user name or password
> >   login failed for user '(null)', reason Not assisiated with a trusted
SQL
> > Server connection

> > I have blankt out the Username parameter both in the TDatabase
componenet
> > and in the
> > BDE Administrator Naitive Driver for MSSQL.
> > It works fine with SQL7 client if I use blank username in the BDE.

> > I have tried severel characters in the Username parameter including
blank,
> > space and others
> > but nothing works.

> > Ill get the same error if i try to connect direct from the BDE
> > Administrator.
> > I have tried to upgrade my BDE to 5.2 but this doesnt helps either.

> > I hope anyone can help me with this problem so I dont have to rewrite
the
> > whole application using ADO instead.

> > Jorgen Paulsson

> --
> Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
> Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda
> Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
> www.GrupoMillennium.com

Re:SQL 2000 trusted Connection

Do not give up quite so quick. I am using Sql2000 with trusted
connections just fine. You have to make sure that the Sql Client
Configuration is set to default to Named Pipes in order to use Trusted
Connections. This in it self can lead to other problems where you can
not access remote servers with your application unless you actually
log on to the remote server using the Explorer.

I try to stay away from trusted connections whenever possible.

Dennis Passmore
Ultimate Software, Inc

Re:SQL 2000 trusted Connection

Thanks, it works just fine.
But fore TCP/IP it doesnt work at all.

J?rgen Paulsson

"Dennis Passmore" <dennis_passmore@nospam_yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Do not give up quite so quick. I am using Sql2000 with trusted
> connections just fine. You have to make sure that the Sql Client
> Configuration is set to default to Named Pipes in order to use Trusted
> Connections. This in it self can lead to other problems where you can
> not access remote servers with your application unless you actually
> log on to the remote server using the Explorer.

> I try to stay away from trusted connections whenever possible.

> Dennis Passmore
> Ultimate Software, Inc

Other Threads