Intercepting event of starting app in Windows

Is there a way to determine that at given moment some app started (or
stopped) running? I mean, is there any message propagated by Windows
saying: "right now program XYZ just started execution"? If yes, is there
any way to intercept that message?

Thanks in advance,

Darek.

Re:Intercepting event of starting app in Windows

No, you have to use TLHelp32 (for Win9x) or PSApi (for WinNT/2k) to
periodically retreive a list of active processes.

"Dariusz Dziewialtowski" <da...@netrover.com> schreef in bericht

> Is there a way to determine that at given moment some app started (or
> stopped) running? I mean, is there any message propagated by Windows
> saying: "right now program XYZ just started execution"? If yes, is there
> any way to intercept that message?

> Thanks in advance,

> Darek.

Re:Intercepting event of starting app in Windows

Thank you for your answer - at least I know what is possible, and what not.

Darek.

Other Threads