Screen savers and Win95 and 98

I wrote a screen saver that displays pictures at a certain interval
(controled by a timer).
The weird thing is that it works fine in Win95, but behaves strangely in
Win98.
I was told the following when used in Win98:
-The windows clock gets delayed when running the saver
-Pictures are skipped
-On release (that is, when moving the mouse or pressing a key), the
saver displays all the skipped pictures in rapid succession.
-If left running for a while (heck, a few minutes),one has to press
CTRL+ALT+DEL. When doing so, the task manager tab shows a bunch of
instances of the form that shows the saver (yes, I am checking if other
instances of the saver are running).

Any idea why this is happening? I have no clue whatsoever!

Again, I have a timer in which I have an
"Image.Picture.LoadFromFile("filename")". The code is pretty simple.

Thanks for the help.

Ziad

Re:Screen savers and Win95 and 98

There must be some errors in your code.
It would be difficult to say what without looking at the source.
You are welcome to send your source to me and I will look at it.

Ziad Noueihed <zi...@mindspring.com> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:377828B1.45A13...@mindspring.com...

> I was told the following when used in Win98:
> -The windows clock gets delayed when running the saver
> -Pictures are skipped
> -On release (that is, when moving the mouse or pressing a key), the
> saver displays all the skipped pictures in rapid succession.
> -If left running for a while (heck, a few minutes),one has to press
> CTRL+ALT+DEL. When doing so, the task manager tab shows a bunch of
> instances of the form that shows the saver (yes, I am checking if other
> instances of the saver are running).
> Any idea why this is happening? I have no clue whatsoever!

Other Threads