Problems with TDW de{*word*81} for Borland Pascal for Windows and Imagine 128 graphics card

Very often when I tries to debug my programs with TDW, they often crashes and
the screen jumps up a little and there is a message on the bottom of the
screen telling me that I have to rerun the I128 Setup and next line, Press
enter to continue. Everything hangs and I have to either press the reset
button or turn of computer and start it again. While doing chkdsk I find that
a file tddebug. ?? is corrupt and I find there is several lost sectors on the
disc. (I always run the chdsk command in the autoexec because of the chances
are big that I have several lost discs when I restart the computer)

I use WIndows 3.11 for WorkGroups and have PC-NFS network mounted (but on
another computer at home, where I don't have PC-NFS, but another Imagine
card, I get it still there, so I don't believe the network has anything to do
with it)
DOS version is 6.2 and on the other 6.22.

It seems to be a crash btw. TDW and the graphic card screen driver, which is
2.32 on both. Earlier versions gave even more spectacular crashes and it was
next to impossible to use the TDW at all with those drivers.

Anyone seen something about what may give this errors? Are there toggles in
system.ini or win.ini to set, or are there SET parameteres in DOS that should
be set?

Has anyone tested whether the BP7 TDW version works under WIndows95? If I
don't remember wrong, there was big problems with TDW when changing from
Windows 3.1 to Windows 3.11 for Workgroups, or was it from 3.0 to 3.1? (Or do
my brain completely and that it was differences btw. Turbo Pascal for Windows
1.0 and 1.5 and BPW that gave some problems??)

Editor of 'Slekt og Data', Quarterly organ of DIS-Norge,
PO Box 146, Manglerud N-0612 Oslo
soc.genealogy.nordic, no.slekt and no.slekt.programmer proponent

Re:Problems with TDW de{*word*81} for Borland Pascal for Windows and Imagine 128 graphics card

alf.christopher...@basalmed.uio.no (Alf Christophersen) wrote:

HEI

->Very often when I tries to debug my programs with TDW, they often crashes and
->the screen jumps up a little and there is a message on the bottom of the

Get the borland fix tdsvga.zip

ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/other/misc/tdsvga.zip

->Has anyone tested whether the BP7 TDW version works under WIndows95? If I

Works fine with the tdsvga.zip borland fix under Windows95.
(and Windows3.1X).

->Alf Christophersen, Computer engineer

Bjork.

Other Threads