Using MS OLEDB Provider for MS Index Server

Colleagues

This query was originally posted in the ..cppbuilder.database.ado
newsgroup
on 20 May 2001 but there has been no response so far.

I am experimenting with MS OLEDB Provider for MS Index Server using
ADOExpress for C++Builder at Patch 1.

I have put a TDBGrid component on a TForm. The grid will display data
for all fields selected with an SQL SELECT statement in a TADODataSet
component except for the "Contents" field which remains blank.

Could someone please advise me on how to display data for the "Contents"

field in a grid or other data aware component.

Regards

Ray Carpenter

Re:Using MS OLEDB Provider for MS Index Server

I think that the MS Index Server Provider for OLEDB does not support SQL
syntax.
I think it uses some more limited syntax. (I am not too sure about this
though.)

The best thing I suggest is to look up some MS Index Server Provider
examples on the web. (Either msdn.microsoft.com or do a web search).

It may not be too helpful, but at least it is point in the right direction.

Al

"Ray Carpenter" <rjcarpen...@u031.aone.net.au> wrote in message

> Colleagues

> This query was originally posted in the ..cppbuilder.database.ado
> newsgroup
> on 20 May 2001 but there has been no response so far.

> I am experimenting with MS OLEDB Provider for MS Index Server using
> ADOExpress for C++Builder at Patch 1.

> I have put a TDBGrid component on a TForm. The grid will display data
> for all fields selected with an SQL SELECT statement in a TADODataSet
> component except for the "Contents" field which remains blank.

> Could someone please advise me on how to display data for the "Contents"

> field in a grid or other data aware component.

> Regards

> Ray Carpenter

Other Threads