Name Conflict on Import of Type Library

When I try to import the Visio Type Library I get a name conflict with
TShape.  First of all what is the easiest way around this.  And secondly is
there a way to add a prefix to the Classes that are generated.  For example
all visio objects I would like to prefix with TVis.  This would eliminate
alot of name conflicts.

Steven T. Cramer
SCra...@TimeWarp2000.net

Re:Name Conflict on Import of Type Library

Steven,
  when you import the type library, there should appear a list of classes in
the box labelled "Class Names".  Change the TShape class name to TVisShape
in this box, along with all other class names you want to change. (Sorry, I
don't know of a way to make Delphi do this for you.)
-Howard

Steven T. Cramer <SCra...@TimeWarp2000.net> wrote in message

> When I try to import the Visio Type Library I get a name conflict with
> TShape.  First of all what is the easiest way around this.  And secondly
is
> there a way to add a prefix to the Classes that are generated.  For
example
> all visio objects I would like to prefix with TVis.  This would eliminate
> alot of name conflicts.

> Steven T. Cramer
> SCra...@TimeWarp2000.net

Re:Name Conflict on Import of Type Library

Thanks Howard

I did not know I could edit the items in the list box. I guess I should have
tried.

Thanks

Steven T. Cramer

SCra...@TimeWarp2000.net

"Howard Moon" <hm...@landstar.com> wrote in message

> Steven,
>   when you import the type library, there should appear a list of classes
in
> the box labelled "Class Names".  Change the TShape class name to TVisShape
> in this box, along with all other class names you want to change. (Sorry,
> don't know of a way to make Delphi do this for you.)
> -Howard

> Steven T. Cramer <SCra...@TimeWarp2000.net> wrote in message
> > When I try to import the Visio Type Library I get a name conflict with
> > TShape.  First of all what is the easiest way around this.  And secondly
> is
> > there a way to add a prefix to the Classes that are generated.  For
> example
> > all visio objects I would like to prefix with TVis.  This would
eliminate
> > alot of name conflicts.

> > Steven T. Cramer
> > SCra...@TimeWarp2000.net