DELPHI 3.0 and ACCESS 97

Hello,

I have to make a migration in delphi 3  from access 97 to access 2000
and the controlators it aren't the same, then I want to know how to
make the migration, thanks!

Re:DELPHI 3.0 and ACCESS 97

"Besango" <besag...@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I have to make a migration in delphi 3  from access 97 to access 2000
> and the controlators it aren't the same, then I want to know how to
> make the migration, thanks!

You can't use the BDE to work with a Access2000 database!

Access2000 => Jet Engine 4.0
Access97   => Jet Engine 3.5/3.6
Access95   => Jet Engine 3.0

BDE does not support (and will never do) JetEngine 4.
BDE supports only JetEngine 3.0 and 3.5.

conclusion: no way.

You have to use ADO or dbExpress.

Delphi 3 does not support ADO.

You have to upgrade to Delphi 5 or higher.
(D5 Prof needs the additional ADO Express)

Andreas

Re:DELPHI 3.0 and ACCESS 97

KADAO will work with D3, I think and connects to A2000 with DAO 4 / Jet 3.6.
It works and is free.  Some ADO components might work as well.  The current
version of KADAO is 7.7 I think.  It is quick & easy.

Long term ADO is the way to got but KADAO will work.

Andrew

Other Threads