Internal workings of TDatabase

Hi all.

How do the internal workings of TDatabase work driver wise?
ATM I'm using D5E and Oracle 8(iirc).
Does TDatabase use the ODBC drivers or native drivers?
Can I tell TDatabase to use the native/odbc drivers?

thanks for your time & help

Frank

Re:Internal workings of TDatabase

Stephan-Frank Henry wrote:
> Hi all.

> How do the internal workings of TDatabase work driver wise?
> ATM I'm using D5E and Oracle 8(iirc).
> Does TDatabase use the ODBC drivers or native drivers?
> Can I tell TDatabase to use the native/odbc drivers?

TDatabase links to a middleware layer .. probably BDE .. and this in turn
links to the native drivers.  The BDE Configuration, through the definition
of the "alias" you're using, specifies the ODBC driver and its parameters.

There are also native ODBC-connection components, and even native Oracle.

"Sundial Services" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

> Stephan-Frank Henry wrote:

> > Hi all.

> > How do the internal workings of TDatabase work driver wise?
> > ATM I'm using D5E and Oracle 8(iirc).
> > Does TDatabase use the ODBC drivers or native drivers?
> > Can I tell TDatabase to use the native/odbc drivers?

> TDatabase links to a middleware layer .. probably BDE .. and this in turn
> links to the native drivers.  The BDE Configuration, through the
definition
> of the "alias" you're using, specifies the ODBC driver and its parameters.

thank your very much for your reply.

how do I tell the TDatabase to use native drivers?
I included
Database.DriverName := 'ORACLE';
like the help said, but am not sure if it is correct.

> There are also native ODBC-connection components, and even native Oracle.

yeah, but am not sure how to use the native drivers.

thanks

cu

frnak

Other Threads