Interbase 4.2.2 to interbase 6.01

Hi,

We have IB4.2.2 on Netware 4.2 server.  Win95/98 clients working fine.
The application use lot of stored procedure.
We try to pas the application on a Interbase 6.01 on Linux(redHat 6.2)
server .
We have somme bug on the stored procedure.
Is anybody know why Bug?
Thanks
laurent

Re:Interbase 4.2.2 to interbase 6.01

Hi,

to answer you question, more information is needed.
include:
1. the store procedure code ( the red hat ones).
2. type of connection
3. where and how you debug this store procedure.

best regards
Dennis Ortiz Vives

"Laurent Charras" <laurent.char...@ac-grenoble.fr> wrote in message

> Hi,

> We have IB4.2.2 on Netware 4.2 server.  Win95/98 clients working fine.
> The application use lot of stored procedure.
> We try to pas the application on a Interbase 6.01 on Linux(redHat 6.2)
> server .
> We have somme bug on the stored procedure.
> Is anybody know why Bug?
> Thanks
> laurent

Re:Interbase 4.2.2 to interbase 6.01

In addition to the information that Dennis requested it would be very
helpful to know, in detail, what does not work right. Is there an error
message? If so, what it it?

--
Bill

Re:Interbase 4.2.2 to interbase 6.01

Hi,
Sorry about this mail there is a lot of english error.
This application is a Delphi 4 application which turn on a Novell 4.1
server with Ib 4.2.2 serveur.
The application on Novell server is Ok no bug but

We try to use a Red Hat 6.2 serveur with a Ib 6.01 CS server.
We are connect to the linux server with Win 98 or 95 client (use samba).
We find 2 bug.

First on a stored procedure like this :

We have when we run this stored procedure with Explorateur SQL ("french
version" in Delphi 4).
We have this error message
Objet non trouv (Object not find)
alias P conflicts with an alias in the same statement.
We think that the bug is on the union (or in the not in)  : the 2 alias(P)
are compared between the first and the second select (bug?).

SELECT DISTINCT
     E.ELEVE_ID, P.PERIODE_ID, .....
    FROM INSCRIPTIONS_GRP IG
    JOIN ELEVES E
       ON IG.ELEVE_ID = E.ELEVE_ID
    JOIN PROGRAMMES P
       ON IG.GROUPE_ID = P.STRUCTURE_ID AND
       M.MEF_ID = P.MEF_ID
UNION
SELECT DISTINCT
 E.ELEVE_ID, ....
FROM INSCRIPTIONS_GRP IG
    JOIN ELEVES E
       ON IG.ELEVE_ID = E.ELEVE_ID
 WHERE IM.ENCOURS = 'O' AND ....
    IG.GROUPE_ID not in (SELECT P.STRUCTURE_ID
                            FROM PROGRAMMES P
                             WHERE P.MEF_ID = M.MEF_ID AND
                               PD.DIVISION_ID = DG.DIVISION_ID)
 ORDER BY 4,5,6,7,9

Second on a stored procedure :
It a stored procedure who calculate average and have 2 results : It' s good
it's calculate or It's not good for calculate miss this information.
We have diffrent rsulte for the same .gdb juste restored.
On Novell ib 4.2.2 or Windows ib 4.2.2  all the result is OK
but on Novel Ib 5.6 and Linux ib CS 6.01 sometime not all the time some :
It's not good for calculate miss this information.( on ib 4.2.2 ) become
It' s good it's calculate ( on Ib 5.6 or 6.01).
When this bug become it's in gnral when it's miss a lot of information.
Can you say me if modification on the egality (between 2 result of stored
procedure) became between the Ib 4.2.2 and the 5.6 and later.
Thanks
laurent

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" a crit :

> In addition to the information that Dennis requested it would be very
> helpful to know, in detail, what does not work right. Is there an error
> message? If so, what it it?

> --
> Bill

Other Threads