Problem with Samba and BDE/Paradox

I client of mine just moved from Novell to Linux and is having a lot of
problems running a Paradox 8 database with RedHat 8.0 and Samba 2.2.7. I
disabled oplocks and level 2 oplocks on the server and run the ccreg utility
to disable Windows oplocks and file caching on the stations (Win98 and NT).
The application runs fine for a few minutes, and then hangs when a user
tries to quit it while the database is in use by another user. File
permissions seem to be OK. They get "Lock timeout" messages or the
application hangs forever or crashes after working fine for a while.

Thanks in advance.

Re:Problem with Samba and BDE/Paradox

"Leo Nardo" <n...@nowhere.net> wrote in message <news:3ea69c5a@newsgroups.borland.com>...
> I client of mine just moved from Novell to Linux and is having a lot of
> problems running a Paradox 8 database with RedHat 8.0 and Samba 2.2.7. I
> disabled oplocks and level 2 oplocks on the server and run the ccreg utility
> to disable Windows oplocks and file caching on the stations (Win98 and NT).
> The application runs fine for a few minutes, and then hangs when a user
> tries to quit it while the database is in use by another user. File
> permissions seem to be OK. They get "Lock timeout" messages or the
> application hangs forever or crashes after working fine for a while.

> Thanks in advance.

Hi Leo,

Did you ever figure this out ? I am having the same problem, even
though oplocks are disabled and I have done the Windows client thing
to disable caching and opportunistic locking.

Thanks

Other Threads