dBase, Paradox, FoxPro, Interbase?

Paradox is probably your best choice overall, with one caveat...

Because of the way Paradox locks tables, it can be a pain if your users are
accessing your app from different servers. The PDOXUSRS.NET locking file has
to be mapped the same way for all users. If your network maps drives for you
at logon, you'll have to be careful to point all users to the same mapping
of the NET file or you will have big trouble. dBase tables don't have this
restriction, but you give up a lot of the nifties in the Paradox format by
"downgrading" to dBase.

If all of your users on are the same server, then you shouldn't have any
problems.