Borland BDE: How To Set Username/Password?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I've found no way
to specify what username to use when connecting to a
database (in particular, Borland's Interbase). The username
seems to come from the name I used when I logged into Win95.

And while I'm at it, must I use DbiGetField to retrieve my
field data from a query? I can see my data in the record buffer -
why should I be made to copy the data twice when using DbiGetField?
In ODBC, you could hand the system a pointer to the variable for
each field. Any equivalent method in BDE?

thanks in advance,
andrew burke
abu...@pannet.com
portland, oregon