Board index » delphi » Class NOT Registered

Class NOT Registered

Please Help !!!!!!

I'm using D3.

I have developed an application that uses the F1Book component from the
Active X pallete.

The application works fine on any machines that have D3 installed.

BUT

When the developed application is installed on any other machine, it has
the following error.

"Exception EOleSysError in module VCL30.DPL at 00014035.
Class not registered"

VCL30.DPL is in the path.

Can anyone help me ??

regards
john Melville
dd...@southcott.hl.com.au
john.melvi...@hunterlink.net.au

 

Re:Class NOT Registered


Is tge active X component also installed on this other machine ?? Active X
components do not (to my knowledge) compile into the program and have to be
installed as well

HTH

  Roel

Quote
Southcott <dd...@southcott.hl.com.au> wrote:

: Please Help !!!!!!

: I'm using D3.

: I have developed an application that uses the F1Book component from the
: Active X pallete.

: The application works fine on any machines that have D3 installed.

: BUT

: When the developed application is installed on any other machine, it has
: the following error.

: "Exception EOleSysError in module VCL30.DPL at 00014035.
: Class not registered"

: VCL30.DPL is in the path.

: Can anyone help me ??

: regards
: john Melville
: dd...@southcott.hl.com.au
: john.melvi...@hunterlink.net.au

Re:Class NOT Registered


I have installed the OCX files and the dll's that the Active X component
expect.

BUT I still get this error.

regards
John Melville

Roel Spapens <ro...@stack.nl> wrote in article
<6dgkhc$...@turtle.stack.nl>...

Quote
> Is tge active X component also installed on this other machine ?? Active
X
> components do not (to my knowledge) compile into the program and have to
be
> installed as well

> HTH

>   Roel

Re:Class NOT Registered


  You installed, but did you REGISTER the OCX?   --  There's more to it then
just installing ocx controls....

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software
Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us
--
"We are Microsoft.  Resistance is Futile.  You will be Assimiliated."

Quote
Southcott wrote in message <01bd46fa$ae4d1ee0$f54e0acb@melville>...
>I have installed the OCX files and the dll's that the Active X component
>expect.

>BUT I still get this error.

>regards
>John Melville

>Roel Spapens <ro...@stack.nl> wrote in article
><6dgkhc$...@turtle.stack.nl>...
>> Is tge active X component also installed on this other machine ?? Active
>X
>> components do not (to my knowledge) compile into the program and have to
>be
>> installed as well

>> HTH

>>   Roel

Re:Class NOT Registered


Quote
In article <6dig2g$5e...@news.greatbasin.net> "Jason Wallace" <Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us> writes:
>  You installed, but did you REGISTER the OCX?   --  There's more to it then
>just installing ocx controls....

In fact, the OLE examples in Delphi demonstrate various techniques for
registering controls, e.g. with a "/register" command-line parameter.

Installer programs normally are instructed to register the OCXes that they are
installing.

Re:Class NOT Registered


Even after you have copied all of the .OCX and .DLL files, the ActiveX
control still must be registered in the system registry.  If you wish to do
this manually, do a search through the registry for "Formula" and export the
registry keys containing applicable information, then import the registry
files on the client computers.

Doug Johnson (d...@homemail.com)

Quote
Southcott wrote in message <01bd46fa$ae4d1ee0$f54e0acb@melville>...
>I have installed the OCX files and the dll's that the Active X component
>expect.

>BUT I still get this error.

>regards
>John Melville

Re:Class NOT Registered


Thanks for your help.

I have merged the keys I needed.

Once again thanks to all.

Regards

John M

Other Threads