how do i run another program from within a pascal progra

RE: Re: how do i run another program from within a pascal progra
BY: ronka...@cc.helsinki.fi (Osmo Ronkanen)

>In article <HCgy+qASFMK7E...@pkuatb.net>, Pedt  <b...@pkuatb.net> wrote:
>>Cornelius J. Hollingsworth <hollingswo...@gmx.net> said the following:
>>>This doesnt work for me.
>>>I think the problem is, that the exec command is designed to create a child
>>>process.....
>>>How do I, lets say launch the internet explorer from within a pascal
>>>program?

>>Use the 'start' command from a DOS box:

>>exec('start iexplore.exe','');

>That is nonsense. The first parameter in exec is the program name,
>including path if it is not in the default directory.
>How about exec(getenv('comspec'),'/c start iexplore');

     In addition, the program may not be within your path.  Be sure to specify
the path name:

'/c start c:\progra~1\iexplore.exe'

--- Gated via The Abyss BBS -*n...@filenet.wwiv.net*-
    (714) 903-9920 -* Westminster, California*-

Re:how do i run another program from within a pascal progra

In Article <3b2d1ee3-n...@wwivbbs.org "Art Johnston"

  <u...@n700.filenet.wwiv.net.NOSPAM wrote:

>     In addition, the program may not be within your path.  Be sure to specify
>the path name:

>'/c start c:\progra~1\iexplore.exe'

Isn't the whole purpose of path that it tells where programs are.

Osmo

Other Threads