Delphi as game development platform?

Does anyone have experience on Delphi for game development?  Pls give you
comment on the pros and cons, the suitability.  Thx.

As I cannot receive mail, pls post your opinion.

Re:Delphi as game development platform?

In article <itsa31.51.000FA...@itsd.gcn.gov.hk>, its...@itsd.gcn.gov.hk

(KL Choi) wrote:
> Does anyone have experience on Delphi for game development?  Pls give you
> comment on the pros and cons, the suitability.  Thx.

> As I cannot receive mail, pls post your opinion.

why not ?

Pascal made many many games, Delphi is just a Windows version...

I'm begining game development with Delphi, and I am getting the same performance
as C++...

I would recomend buying one of the libraries available, if you want to do
Microsoft's DirectX.  Alternatively you can use Intel's RDX gamekit,
porting to Delphi is not that difficult (If I knew C/C++ it would be done
by now, instead it's about 50%)...

Finally you can use the Windows API.  I'm using CreateDIBSection with
Delphi, and without optimization, completely regenerating a large-sized
window I am getting 23 fps (At 576x576 size with 256 colors)...

ttyl
Jason

Other Threads