Delphi and Windows XP Pro

Wonder if anyone has had debugging or other strange problems when developing
applications under XP Pro.  I have used Delphi 5 Pro under NT and 2000 in
the past without these issues.  Under XP Pro I intermittently get errors
when I run under the IDE (it's always an access violation with the Borland
Debugging Kernel, file bordbk50.dll, then Delphi locks up until I use the
task manager to end it).  Yet I can run the same compiled executable outside
the IDE just fine.  Also when I try to use breakpoints, setting the
breakpoints near or around any ADO component code such as "Post" or "Open"
causes a privileged exception error and again causing Delphi to hang which
has made debugging a royal pain.  So I am thinking this is the same issue
with the debugging kernel.  I wonder if I'm the only one with these issues
under XP Pro?  My bordbk50.dll is 683kb, was modified on 8/11/1999 at 5am
and was created on 5/26/2002 (the day I installed Delphi I suppose).  I have
installed the Delphi 5 Pro update pack and ADO.  Is there anything else I
can do?

Re:Delphi and Windows XP Pro

I haven't had any major problems.  Every once in a while after compiling I
don't get the 'blue dots' to allow setting breakpoints.  Typically a reboot
solves this (I don't know why).

Jeff

"New_Millennium" <new_millenn...@consultant.com> wrote in message

> Wonder if anyone has had debugging or other strange problems when
developing
> applications under XP Pro.  I have used Delphi 5 Pro under NT and 2000 in
> the past without these issues.  Under XP Pro I intermittently get errors
> when I run under the IDE (it's always an access violation with the Borland
> Debugging Kernel, file bordbk50.dll, then Delphi locks up until I use the
> task manager to end it).  Yet I can run the same compiled executable
outside
> the IDE just fine.  Also when I try to use breakpoints, setting the
> breakpoints near or around any ADO component code such as "Post" or "Open"
> causes a privileged exception error and again causing Delphi to hang which
> has made debugging a royal pain.  So I am thinking this is the same issue
> with the debugging kernel.  I wonder if I'm the only one with these issues
> under XP Pro?  My bordbk50.dll is 683kb, was modified on 8/11/1999 at 5am
> and was created on 5/26/2002 (the day I installed Delphi I suppose).  I
have
> installed the Delphi 5 Pro update pack and ADO.  Is there anything else I
> can do?

Other Threads