capacity.

The box sizes used and the box cost are:
        Size    1       5       20
        Cost($) .50     1.40    4.00
The program inputs will be shipment size in pounds.  Provide an
operator prompt, and receive the shipment size as a keyboard input.
For each of the inputs, print and identify the input, the number of
boxes of each size, and the cost of boxes. e.g.:
#1 lbs.= 28     20lb. = 1       5lb=2   1lb=0   cost=6.80

        The program may be written to accept one input value, and to
calculate and print a result for each run of the program.  Thus, the
program will need to be run once for each o the input value.

Use the following inputs plus some of your choosing:
31 6 13 38 2 28 32 12 33 45 7 3 8 39

Program Format: (Use two procedures)
        Use a procedure that screen displays a brieg operator prompt
to the program user regarding the inputs.  Accept the keyboard input
value.

        Use another procedure to perfrom the bobx size and cost
calculations.

        Parameter passing is not expected. Global varaibles may be
used.

Follow the customary Pascal indetation and upper/lower case usage in
the source program.

Store ad process the data vaules by the use of variables in your
program.  The numeric input values (shipment sizes) should not appear
in the program code.

                        Thanks,
                                Justin
Any questions? jlste...@atl.mindspring.com

Re:Help with Computer Science Assignment (Turbo Pascal)

On Wed, 28 Feb 1996 03:25:10 GMT, JLSte...@atl.mindspring.com (Justin

Steele) wrote:

:>I need help with this assignment, can someone please check it out and
:>see if you can do it?  I need it by March 5, 1996!
:>
:>Here are the instructions:
:>   Write a program in Turbo Pascal which will do the following
:>perations and produce the indicated outputs

  [deleted {*word*99}]

:>
:>                   Thanks,
:>                           Justin
:>Any questions? jlste...@atl.mindspring.com
:>

yeah, i got a question.  Can i get you some tea and wipe your ass
before starting YOUR assignment.  Dont be stupid.  If you have a
question on a small piece of code or theory, we'll answer.  But dont
expect anyone to do your damn assignment for you.  anyway, i can write
this up in about 5 minutes.  Its pretty easy.  If you have SPECIFIC
questions, post back here and I'll answer them.

Tom

Re:Help with Computer Science Assignment (Turbo Pascal)

>JLSte...@atl.mindspring.com (Justin Steele) writes:
>>I need help with this assignment, can someone please check it out and
>>see if you can do it?  I need it by March 5, 1996!

Justin, forgive me if I get out either my computer-science instructor's hat,
or my 17-years-of-experience hat, when I say this but ... no one would be
doing you a favor by doing your homework for you.  And you would be the loser
too.

Your instructor is being paid to help you; you (or your folks) are paying to
learn.  If you're having trouble then GET them to help you - that is what they
are FOR.

But ultimately, YOU are going to be the one who sits down there in front of
that computer and WRITES the program -- and that is the only way you will
learn and the only way you will pass.  But it's like riding a bike and trust
me that we ALL know and sympathize that it's DAMNED HARD to get the hang of
it.  But you WILL.

To start with, set aside all thoughts of Pascal.  Look at what the problem
description says -- what the input is, what the process is, and what the
output needs to be.  What is a step-by-step sequence of actions that will get
you from one to the other?  *This* is what programming is all about -- it's
not Pascal, Pascal is merely a way of writing.  And it's NOT EASY.

But please, don't ask us to do it for you.  We can't.  We can't.

/mr/

In article <4h2q04$...@B1FF.mindspring.com> JLSte...@atl.mindspring.com (Justin Steele) writes:
>oh, by the way this wasn't for me.  I was trying to help a friend but
>thats fine, I understand.

It does not really matter.  Help your friend all that you can.  Encourage your
friend to go to the instructor or to tutors or whatever it takes.  Maybe
working together is the thing that both of you need to make the learning
process happen.  Check with your instructor first, but I encourage my students
to work together as long as they turn in individual results.  (Believe me, a
program is as distinctive as your signature.)

/mr/

Re:Help with Computer Science Assignment (Turbo Pascal)

In article <4h0huq$...@B1FF.mindspring.com>,
   JLSte...@atl.mindspring.com (Justin Steele) wrote:
>I need help with this assignment, can someone please check it out and
>see if you can do it?  I need it by March 5, 1996!

[the homework is cut]
This is a tipical example what to NOT post here.
SzP.

Re:Help with Computer Science Assignment (Turbo Pascal)

JLSte...@atl.mindspring.com (Justin Steele) writes:
>I need help with this assignment, can someone please check it out and
>see if you can do it?  I need it by March 5, 1996!
>Here are the instructions:
>    Write a program in Turbo Pascal which will do the following
>perations and produce the indicated outputs

>    The POP's Popcorn company needs to calculate the least
>expensive combination of shipping boxex for shopping their popcorn.
>The popcorn is sold in one pound sealed bags, and packed in boxes of
>one of three sizes for shipping.  Shipemnt sizes will vary from one to
>fifty pounds.
>    The boexes do not have to be full, and shipments can be in any
>combination of box sizes.  However, the boes can't be filled beyond
>capacity.

>The box sizes used and the box cost are:
>    Size    1       5       20
>    Cost($) .50     1.40    4.00
>The program inputs will be shipment size in pounds.  Provide an
>operator prompt, and receive the shipment size as a keyboard input.
>For each of the inputs, print and identify the input, the number of
>boxes of each size, and the cost of boxes. e.g.:
>#1 lbs.= 28 20lb. = 1       5lb=2   1lb=0   cost=6.80

>    The program may be written to accept one input value, and to
>calculate and print a result for each run of the program.  Thus, the
>program will need to be run once for each o the input value.

>Use the following inputs plus some of your choosing:
>31 6 13 38 2 28 32 12 33 45 7 3 8 39

>Program Format: (Use two procedures)
>    Use a procedure that screen displays a brieg operator prompt
>to the program user regarding the inputs.  Accept the keyboard input
>value.

>    Use another procedure to perfrom the bobx size and cost
>calculations.

>    Parameter passing is not expected. Global varaibles may be
>used.

>Follow the customary Pascal indetation and upper/lower case usage in
>the source program.

>Store ad process the data vaules by the use of variables in your
>program.  The numeric input values (shipment sizes) should not appear
>in the program code.

Have you ever heard the word "shame"?  How about "integrity"?
I will offer one bit of advice, as often has you have misspelled box(es)
above, you should run your program through a spell-checker before you
compile.

Other Threads