Not seeing all records

Using Delphi 5 and TADOTable on a MS Access table.

I'm not too experienced in using ADO or Access tables, so here goes:

My Delphi app populated a table with 983 records.  I can see all 983 records in Microsoft
Access, however, I can't see all the records in Delphi (TDBGrid).  I'm only showing 970, and
doing a RecordCount shows only 970 records.  I just don't see why these additional 13 records
aren't shown in Delphi.  What's the deal?

Jon.

Re:Not seeing all records

Are there any unique indexes/filters on the table?  If you close and re-open
the table, do the records show up then?

--
Michael Rodriguez
Compeat Restaurant Systems

"Jon Scott" <jsc...@landstar.com> wrote in message

> Using Delphi 5 and TADOTable on a MS Access table.

> I'm not too experienced in using ADO or Access tables, so here goes:

> My Delphi app populated a table with 983 records.  I can see all 983

records in Microsoft
> Access, however, I can't see all the records in Delphi (TDBGrid).  I'm

only showing 970, and
> doing a RecordCount shows only 970 records.  I just don't see why these

additional 13 records
> aren't shown in Delphi.  What's the deal?

> Jon.

Re:Not seeing all records

There was such a bug with ADO and server cursors I can recall.
If scrolling the grid to the last record and then back to the 1st
the lost records should appear. This problem doesn't occur with
client cursors. I don't remember whether this was a problem with
TADOTable only or with ADO in general. Try the TADODataSet.

HTH
--
V. Nazarov
IT Manager, Sofia Cable

"Jon Scott" <jsc...@landstar.com> wrote in message

> Using Delphi 5 and TADOTable on a MS Access table.

> I'm not too experienced in using ADO or Access tables, so here goes:

> My Delphi app populated a table with 983 records.  I can see all 983 records
in Microsoft
> Access, however, I can't see all the records in Delphi (TDBGrid).  I'm only
showing 970, and
> doing a RecordCount shows only 970 records.  I just don't see why these

additional 13 records
> aren't shown in Delphi.  What's the deal?

> Jon.

Re:Not seeing all records

Actually, I found the problem had to do with my TADOCommand.Execute method.  I now use
TADOConnection.Execute and the problem went away.

Jon.

"Jon Scott" <jsc...@landstar.com> wrote in message news:8jdgk9$lm14@bornews.borland.com...
> Using Delphi 5 and TADOTable on a MS Access table.

> I'm not too experienced in using ADO or Access tables, so here goes:

> My Delphi app populated a table with 983 records.  I can see all 983 records in Microsoft
> Access, however, I can't see all the records in Delphi (TDBGrid).  I'm only showing 970, and
> doing a RecordCount shows only 970 records.  I just don't see why these additional 13 records
> aren't shown in Delphi.  What's the deal?

> Jon.

Re:Not seeing all records

Take a look in the follow text obtained from :
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/fixes/delphi501/database.htm...

"Problem:

When a DBGrid is connected to a ado dataset with
the cursorlocation set to clUseServer, all records
end up being fetched up front by the call to
RecordCount.

Workaround:

Use client side cursor or
Turn off the vertical scrollbar in the grid."

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

Jon Scott <jsc...@landstar.com> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:8jdgk9$l...@bornews.borland.com...

> Using Delphi 5 and TADOTable on a MS Access table.

> I'm not too experienced in using ADO or Access tables, so here goes:

> My Delphi app populated a table with 983 records.  I can see all 983

records in Microsoft
> Access, however, I can't see all the records in Delphi (TDBGrid).  I'm

only showing 970, and
> doing a RecordCount shows only 970 records.  I just don't see why these

additional 13 records
> aren't shown in Delphi.  What's the deal?

> Jon.

Other Threads