ACCESS 97 and Delphi3 SQL

hi

Strange things appen when 'they' work together.

In W95 I create a Access97 table (using Access) without any index.
From D3, using a SQL INSERT INTO ....... ORDER BY ..., I fill in the table.
Reboot and then start again D3 new project.
Just a TTable, TDataset, TDBGrid and  the Navigator.
1 ) Try modify some records and then the message:
 'Couldn't perform the edit because another user change the record'

Where the 'another user come from? after rebooting a stand alone pc?

2) Seems the table has some 'hidden index' because if you have some set of
record with
the same values and try top modity it says :'Multiple records founds, but
only one was expected'
Note that on the Grid Multiselect is False
How 'kill' the ghost index?

3) try to use IndexDefs, but no index was found.

If some of you had the same experience or a solution please let me know.
Thanks
Paolo

Re:ACCESS 97 and Delphi3 SQL

I can't give you any specific answers. However, when I first starting
'mucking' about with D3 and ACCESS it very quickly dawned on me to use
ACCESS SQL, not the BDE LOCAL SQL. Most of my problems disappeared after
that!
--
Pierre du Parte
Final Filer Software

Dott.Paolo Pasquini wrote in message <01bcf082$018f1420$LocalHost@winkey>...
>hi

>Strange things appen when 'they' work together.

>In W95 I create a Access97 table (using Access) without any index.
>From D3, using a SQL INSERT INTO ....... ORDER BY ..., I fill in the table.
>Reboot and then start again D3 new project.
>Just a TTable, TDataset, TDBGrid and  the Navigator.
>1 ) Try modify some records and then the message:
> 'Couldn't perform the edit because another user change the record'

>Where the 'another user come from? after rebooting a stand alone pc?

>2) Seems the table has some 'hidden index' because if you have some set of
>record with
>the same values and try top modity it says :'Multiple records founds, but
>only one was expected'
>Note that on the Grid Multiselect is False
>How 'kill' the ghost index?

>3) try to use IndexDefs, but no index was found.

>If some of you had the same experience or a solution please let me know.
>Thanks
>Paolo

begin 666 Pierre du Parte.vcf
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'5D-!4D0-"@``
`
end
end

Re:ACCESS 97 and Delphi3 SQL

You can't use Local SQL with an Access database. That I know for sure, it's in
the FAQ. When you use SQL through the BDE you're using the same SQL as Access,
the Jet SQL Engine.

Juan

Pierre du Parte wrote:

> I can't give you any specific answers. However, when I first starting
> 'mucking' about with D3 and ACCESS it very quickly dawned on me to use
> ACCESS SQL, not the BDE LOCAL SQL. Most of my problems disappeared after
> that!

Re:ACCESS 97 and Delphi3 SQL

Juan Jimenez (TeamB/DCG) wrote:

> You can't use Local SQL with an Access database. That I know for sure, it's in
> the FAQ. When you use SQL through the BDE you're using the same SQL as Access,
> the Jet SQL Engine.

Thanks, Juan; but are you saying you must use Delphi 2/3 the C/S edition(vs
the Developer edition?); or are you saying you can't use SQL for any Access
database in any Delphi edition?  Thanks.

Regards, -= Lou Rizzuto =-

> Juan

> Pierre du Parte wrote:

> > I can't give you any specific answers. However, when I first starting
> > 'mucking' about with D3 and ACCESS it very quickly dawned on me to use
> > ACCESS SQL, not the BDE LOCAL SQL. Most of my problems disappeared after
> > that!

Re:ACCESS 97 and Delphi3 SQL

No, I'm saying you can't use =Local SQL= with Access databases. When you use
SQL with Access, regarldess of what version of Delphi you are using, you are
using the Jet SQL engine.

Louis Rizzuto wrote:

> Juan Jimenez (TeamB/DCG) wrote:

> > You can't use Local SQL with an Access database. That I know for sure, it's in
> > the FAQ. When you use SQL through the BDE you're using the same SQL as Access,
> > the Jet SQL Engine.

> Thanks, Juan; but are you saying you must use Delphi 2/3 the C/S edition(vs
> the Developer edition?); or are you saying you can't use SQL for any Access
> database in any Delphi edition?  Thanks.

> Regards, -= Lou Rizzuto =-

Other Threads