Can't initialize BDE (error $2108)

Hi

does anyone know, how to distribute an application
written with D4, that is using an Access97 database via
ODBC?
I made installshield installer for it, and partial BDE
install, and then as I run it on a clean machine the
subject occurs. If I install BDE on the machine from
the D4 install CD the application works.

Another question: is there any way to avoid using BDE
with ODBC databases?

Attila Szekely from Hungary

Re:Can't initialize BDE (error $2108)

Sorry, I didn't go back a check your specific error message. However,
here is a problem I have had installing the BDE 5, maybe it is your
problem too.

Look for the "\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine" key in the
registry. On my machine, the "DLLPATH" was empty. Once I set it to the
proper path everything worked great. I believe you can have
InstallShield make registry entries for you if you find this to be the
problem.

HTH,
Scott

A. T. Afterglow wrote in message <36D297D4.42059...@bci.hu>...
>Hi

>does anyone know, how to distribute an application
>written with D4, that is using an Access97 database via
>ODBC?
>I made installshield installer for it, and partial BDE
>install, and then as I run it on a clean machine the
>subject occurs. If I install BDE on the machine from
>the D4 install CD the application works.

>Another question: is there any way to avoid using BDE
>with ODBC databases?

>Attila Szekely from Hungary

Re:Can't initialize BDE (error $2108)

Re:Can't initialize BDE (error $2108)

And for your other question, please check

http://www.kylecordes.com/index.html

Good Luck!

Other Threads