Using DBGrids for Unbound Data ?

 Is there a way to use a DBGrid with Unbound data, such as an array. I'm
converting an App from Visual Basic, where I had that option in VB's DBGrid.

thanks

Keric Donnelly

Re:Using DBGrids for Unbound Data ?

In article <5vrll1$...@sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>, "Keric P.Donnelly"
<ke...@ix.netcom.com> writes

> Is there a way to use a DBGrid with Unbound data, such as an array. I'm
>converting an App from Visual Basic, where I had that option in VB's DBGrid.

>thanks

>Keric Donnelly

You'll find that TDrawGrid and TStringGrid will contain much of the
functionality you need. TDBGrid descends from the latter and is only
useful as a bound data-aware control.

TStringGrid is a version of TDrawGrid which manages it's own storage. If
you're binding to a structure such as an array you'd be better off using
TDrawGrid.
--
Mark Williams                   M...@polyhdrn.demon.co.uk

Polyhedron Software Ltd.
Programs for Programmers - QA, Compilers, Graphics

************ Visit our Web site on http://www.polyhedron.co.uk/ ************

Other Threads