?? Why does Quickreport GPF and Hang Printer ??

Any help on the following problem will be greatly appreciated.....

I am using QuickReports 1.0d 16bit with Delphi 1.02 and running under
WfW 3.11 and Lantastic v7.0.

When a QReport is printed to a Canon BJC-600 (as B/W or Colour) it
will sometimes hang the printer and may GPF in the video driver just
as it hits 100% on the QR status dialog.

When the GPF occurs in the video driver, if I then close the print
preview form the printer will start to print the report although
sometimes it will just print garble characters or nothing at all.

The printer will reliably print every time from Word or another app
but not after running a QReport - suggesting that the problem is
specific to QR.

I have installed the latest print driver from Canon which made no
difference.  The problem also occurs if I try to print to the fax
driver.  Printing on a different printer (Epson Stylus 800) works
every time.

Printing from a separate Delphi application (which uses all the same
print preview code and version of QR - but a different report) works
fine.

Re:?? Why does Quickreport GPF and Hang Printer ??

Steve Govis wrote:

> Any help on the following problem will be greatly appreciated.....

> I am using QuickReports 1.0d 16bit with Delphi 1.02 and running under
> WfW 3.11 and Lantastic v7.0.

> When a QReport is printed to a Canon BJC-600 (as B/W or Colour) it
> will sometimes hang the printer and may GPF in the video driver just
> as it hits 100% on the QR status dialog.

I had this kind of error, the printing stopped at 63% every time with
GPF error. I could not find the actual reason for this, but at last
when I rewrote the whole report from nil, it started to work. So
probably the error was in my code.

> When the GPF occurs in the video driver, if I then close the print
> preview form the printer will start to print the report although
> sometimes it will just print garble characters or nothing at all.

> The printer will reliably print every time from Word or another app
> but not after running a QReport - suggesting that the problem is
> specific to QR.

> I have installed the latest print driver from Canon which made no
> difference.  The problem also occurs if I try to print to the fax
> driver.  Printing on a different printer (Epson Stylus 800) works
> every time.

I can get my system to hang almost every time if try print something
with some application using Qreport, and have forgotten to change my
default printer to something else than BitFax driver. Division by
zero...
  I have reported this to QuSoft last autumn, and they promised to
look after it, but the problem with BitFax still seems to be in the
newest QR-versions.

> Printing from a separate Delphi application (which uses all the same
> print preview code and version of QR - but a different report) works
> fine.

If you anyway can print some (big) reports with your BJC-600, I think
that the error could be in your code. Sometimes I just have to delete
all
the Tables and Datasources from some QReprt reports, create them again,
and after this I can get the report to run. I have not found the actual
reason for this behaviour.

Markku Nevalainen

Other Threads