Merging MDI Form and Child menus

I have an MDI application and my child windows have menus as well as
the main form.  I would the menu on the child window to merge with the
main menu when it is created.   Is there a way I can do this?

I tried fooling around with the automerge property but that did not
work.

Thanks
Matt

Re:Merging MDI Form and Child menus

Matt (ISD, Inc.) wrote:

> I have an MDI application and my child windows have menus as well as
> the main form.  I would the menu on the child window to merge with the
> main menu when it is created.   Is there a way I can do this?

> I tried fooling around with the automerge property but that did not
> work.

> Thanks
> Matt

I did this for the first time today as a complete beginner. Its quite
clear in the manual (I hate to say). You need to set theGroupIndex
property of the menus in the parent and child windows to get the effect
you want.

John Birch

Re:Merging MDI Form and Child menus

>   isoft...@atl.mindspring.com (Matt (ISD, Inc.)) writes:
>  I have an MDI application and my child windows have menus as well as
>  the main form.  I would the menu on the child window to merge with the
>  main menu when it is created.   Is there a way I can do this?

You need to use the group index values on each menu both the parent and the child. If they have the same value they child will take over. If they are different they will
be sorted from lowest (left) to highest (right).

johan

Other Threads