Help compiler

I have tried to use the help compiler HC31.EXE that is supplied with
Delphi 1.0. It terminates with an error message when it sees any
Norwegian characters. Any suggestions ?

--Jan Sigurd Otterlei
- Otrum Electronics A/S

Re:Help compiler

JSO>I have tried to use the help compiler HC31.EXE that is supplied with
JSO>Delphi 1.0. It terminates with an error message when it sees any
JSO>Norwegian characters. Any suggestions ?

JSO>--Jan Sigurd Otterlei
JSO>- Otrum Electronics A/S

I have the same problem with my Finnish customers. The "special"
characters must be inserted as RTF-codes, which have the form

          {\'nn:}

where "nn" is a two-digit hexadecimal number of the character. Some
codes (Finnish native characters):

           small "a" with two dots above    {\'E4:}
           small "o" with two dots above    {\'F6:}
           big "a" with two dots above      {\'C4:}
           big "o" with two dots above      {\'D6:}

You'll probably need some additional Norwegian characters as well.

(BTW, this question probably belongs to the newsgroup named
"comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp".)

Good Luck!

Regards,

Jani

Jani Jarvinen, Helsinki Finland          jani.jrvi...@hiway.fipnet.fi

Check out Help Editor 2.0 for Windows at:
ftp://ftp.mpoli.fi/metropoli/windows/utils/hlped20.zip

1996: Only four years to computer confusion!
What have you done to avoid it?
---
 * SLMR 2.1a *

Re:Help compiler

>I have tried to use the help compiler HC31.EXE that is supplied with
>Delphi 1.0. It terminates with an error message when it sees any
>Norwegian characters. Any suggestions ?

H|!
  Better use \'__ instead of norwegian characters. Where __ is a code of
the character in hexadeciaml format. If you have M$-Word, better use it to
create topic files, because it does this encoding automatically.
 Examples:
\'EE\'FE\'D3

                                   SBR.
---
Bu...@stk.ksu.ras.ru
{Excuse me please for my bad russian, my native language is Borland Pascal 8.3}

Other Threads