Cannot find .BPG file, delphi won't start

I have done something to hose my configuration.
When I try to open a few of my projects by double-clicking on the dpr
file, I get a dialog box indicating 'projectname'.bpg not found, and
Delphi WON'T start.

I can get around the problem by opening some other project first, and
then opening this one from the Delphi Open Project menu.

What is the BPG file?
How can I repair this problem?
Thanks,

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re:Cannot find .BPG file, delphi won't start

GCS wrote:

  Not sure what a bpg file is, but try placing an empty one in the
project folder.  Give it the same name as the project.

-----
Thanks for your suggestion, what I found is that for some projects,
Delphi looks for the file C:\PFK.bpl.  'PFK' happens to be my initials?

If I create an empty 'C:\PFK.bpl', then I get the message 'PROJECTS
macro in project group file missing or incorrect', and Delphi won't
start.

Any other ideas?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re:Cannot find .BPG file, delphi won't start

Try modifying the default .bpg file for your project. The default .bpf file
for a new project contains:

---
VERSION = BWS.01
---
!ifndef ROOT
ROOT = $(MAKEDIR)\..
!endif
---
MAKE = $(ROOT)\bin\make.exe -$(MAKEFLAGS) -f$**
DCC = $(ROOT)\bin\dcc32.exe $**
BRCC = $(ROOT)\bin\brcc32.exe $**
---
PROJECTS = Project1.exe
---
default: $(PROJECTS)
---

Project1.exe: Project1.dpr
  $(DCC)

<pko...@pfksystems.com> schreef in bericht

> GCS wrote:

>   Not sure what a bpg file is, but try placing an empty one in the
> project folder.  Give it the same name as the project.

> -----
> Thanks for your suggestion, what I found is that for some projects,
> Delphi looks for the file C:\PFK.bpl.  'PFK' happens to be my initials?

> If I create an empty 'C:\PFK.bpl', then I get the message 'PROJECTS
> macro in project group file missing or incorrect', and Delphi won't
> start.

> Any other ideas?

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/