BDE and Interbase Dialect 3

After install the Delphi Update Pack 2 I get very surprised that finally
Interbase SQL Dialect 3 is supported by BDE. Perhaps it didn't work with
fields of type Numeric(18,4) or anything that makes interbase maps to Int64
type.

I get only TBytesFields instead of TBCDFields or TFloatFields....

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks
Marcos Paulo

Re:BDE and Interbase Dialect 3

The BDE does not support 64 bit integers at all.

--
Bill

Re:BDE and Interbase Dialect 3

Where can I specify the SQL Dialect on a created new BDE Interbase Database?

Regards,
Carlos Matos
Morada / Address:
Urb.Vale Verde Lote 34 - Loja - 3040 COIMBRA
Telefone / Phone: +351 239 802 340-8
Fax: +351 293 802 349
E-mail: ma...@comograma.pt
Web: www.comograma.pt

In article <3c7a1997_2@dnews>, ma...@comograma.pt says...

> Where can I specify the SQL Dialect on a created new BDE Interbase Database?

        Instructions are in the Delphi 6 readme file.

        HTH,

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Re:BDE and Interbase Dialect 3

<<> Where can I specify the SQL Dialect on a created new BDE Interbase
Database?>>

When you create the database in Interbase:

SET SQL DIALECT 3;

Place this at the top of the script.

Is this what you were looking for?

Re:BDE and Interbase Dialect 3

Thanks to all.

"Kevin" <nos...@nospam.com> escreveu na mensagem news:3c7a9bc9_1@dnews...

> <<> Where can I specify the SQL Dialect on a created new BDE Interbase
> Database?>>

> When you create the database in Interbase:

> SET SQL DIALECT 3;

> Place this at the top of the script.

> Is this what you were looking for?

Other Threads