Accessing Interbase 6 Dialect 3 with BDE, Is (will be) it possibile?

Hi,

We have a big application written with IB5.6 and Delphi and BDE and we would
like to port it to IB6 with dialect 3.
Someone told me that BDE cannot access to IB6 with Dialect 3. Is it true?

If Yes, will it be ever be possible (in Delphi 6?)
What's the future of BDE?

Thank you in Advance,
 Max

Re:Accessing Interbase 6 Dialect 3 with BDE, Is (will be) it possibile?

> like to port it to IB6 with dialect 3.
> Someone told me that BDE cannot access to IB6 with Dialect 3. Is it true?

> If Yes, will it be ever be possible (in Delphi 6?)
> What's the future of BDE?

Yes. is posible if you use a ODBC Driver with BDE. but the current native
driver for BDE is not IB6/3 compatible. I hear that Delphi 6 will be include
a Native Driver for BDE compatible ib6/3.

Re:Accessing Interbase 6 Dialect 3 with BDE, Is (will be) it possibile?

Ok, and when will D6 ship?

> The next major release of the BDE (which will ship with D6) is supposed to
> support dialect 3.

> --
> Bill

Re:Accessing Interbase 6 Dialect 3 with BDE, Is (will be) it possibile?

The last estimate I saw publised was second quarter of this year.

--
Bill

Re:Accessing Interbase 6 Dialect 3 with BDE, Is (will be) it possibile?

The next major release of the BDE (which will ship with D6) is supposed to
support dialect 3.

--
Bill

Re:Accessing Interbase 6 Dialect 3 with BDE, Is (will be) it possibile?

I'm using IB6/dialect 3 with BCB3 right now. Simple select, insert, update
and delete statements work. I haven't tried anything else though.

You just have to reconfigure your BDE native Interbase driver in BDE
Administrator

"Massimiliano Trezzi" <supp...@intesanet.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> We have a big application written with IB5.6 and Delphi and BDE and we
would
> like to port it to IB6 with dialect 3.
> Someone told me that BDE cannot access to IB6 with Dialect 3. Is it true?

Other Threads