error message - internal gds software consistency check etc

Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to post this in but here
goes...

About once a month we get this error message which requires a shut down of
our interbase db and most of the applications that use it:

"internal gds software consistency check (decompression overran buffer
(179))"

That is what is displayed in the interbase.log file.  It then takes a
lengthy process to shutdown, restart, backup and restore to get everything
working properly again.  This can take up to an hour to do which is a real
problem as we are an ISP and need access to the db 24 hours a day, 365 days
a year.  I have read both the operations guide and the language reference
and can find no mention of this error message.

Has anyone come across this before and if so what's the solution, or at
least what can you do to limit this occurring?

Thanks for any help.

THK

Re:error message - internal gds software consistency check etc

[...]

Taimur,
  I believe that I saw a similiar issue that was somehow linked to the
Interbase sweep interval...  Unfortunately, I can't quite remember where I saw
it..  Interbase may be a good contact point for this question.

--
-Adam
Delphi Developer Support

Due to my workload, personal email more than likely won't get a
reply.

Support options are detailed at http://www.borland.com/devsupport/
I am unable to answer support questions via email at this time.

Taimur Khan wrote:
> Hi,

> I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup to post this in but here
> goes...

> About once a month we get this error message which requires a shut down of
> our interbase db and most of the applications that use it:

> "internal gds software consistency check (decompression overran buffer
> (179))"

> That is what is displayed in the interbase.log file.  It then takes a
> lengthy process to shutdown, restart, backup and restore to get everything
> working properly again.  This can take up to an hour to do which is a real
> problem as we are an ISP and need access to the db 24 hours a day, 365 days
> a year.  I have read both the operations guide and the language reference
> and can find no mention of this error message.

> Has anyone come across this before and if so what's the solution, or at
> least what can you do to limit this occurring?

> Thanks for any help.

> THK

Other Threads