Some Delphi questions

I am an experienced PASCAL programmer but an inexperienced Delphi
user. I have three questions concerning DELPHI 3.0. How can I use a
Access database (*.MDB-file) in an Delphi application??? How can I
write to the COM1 port of the computer?? How can I show a *.BMP file
full screen on the monitor??? Solutions, simple source files and all
kind of help is highly appriciated.

Re:Some Delphi questions

Frank Stommels (stomm...@natlab.research.philips.com) wrote:

: I am an experienced PASCAL programmer but an inexperienced Delphi
: user. I have three questions concerning DELPHI 3.0. How can I use a
: Access database (*.MDB-file) in an Delphi application???
build an alias with bde administrator on the desired access 95 (!)
database and use this alias as dbdir in a ttable component. you cannot use
ANY indexes with version 3.00 and bde 4.50 of delphi. access 97 support
only with newer bde.

:How can I
: write to the COM1 port of the computer??
components available on dsp, torie's pages etc. links to delphi component
www servers on www.delphi.org link section

stefan

geb...@studserv.stud.uni-hannover.de

Toleranz ist das unbehagliche Gefuehl,
der Andere koennte am Ende vielleicht
doch recht haben.
                        Robert Forst

Re:Some Delphi questions

Frank Stommels wrote:
> How can I use a Access database (*.MDB-file) in an Delphi application???

Hallo Frank,

if you dont have the new BDE with the Access-Driver, you could use
ODBC:

1. Create an ODBC-Datasource (using ODBC-Access-Driver) with
32-Bit-ODBC.
2. Use the Name of that Datasource as Alias.

Greetings,
   Klaus

Other Threads