QR: DB expressions in Title Band

I'm trying to print static data from a table record in a Title band. I have:

1) Opened the table in the BeforePrint event,
2) Added a TQRExpr to the Title band with the expression:
   'Table1.City' + ', ' + 'Table1.State' + ' ' + Table1.Zip
3) For verification I added a TQRDBText items to the same band
   with the same database fields.

When I preview the report, the expression field IS NOT expanded (the
expression is printed ) but the DBText fields are printed properly. I've
compared my code w/ sample code that does a similar thing (and works)
and I can't find anything different w/ my code.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tim Thornburn
t...@cerritos.com