still having problem using Free Pascal for the first time

Hi,
thanks for your help.
i did the things that you suggested. changing verbose to all and checking
the compiler messages.
i got a long compiler messages list.
i will list the ones that i think is important.
compiler: c:\pp\bin\win32\fp.exe
using executable path c:\pp\bin\win32\
using unit path .\
using library path .\
using object path .\
(maybe these last 3 should be changed, how should they be?, i can change
them in options, directories)
these were at the very beginning of the list. we have a bunch of macro
definitions and at the end we see this:
load from FIRST (implementaion) unit SYSTEM
unit search: system.ppu
unit search: c:\pp\bin\win32\system.ppu (i don't have any file like this
under pp directory..)
unit search: system.pp
unit search: system.pas
unit search: system.ppu
unit search: system.pp
unit search: system.pas
first.pas(2,1) fatal can't find unit SYSTEM

I think i may miss a file in pp folder (system.tpu) or should i just change
directories to some specific ones, or copy those system unit files in
c:\\pp\bin\win32?

i appreciate your help,

thanks again.