"class not registered" again

hi,

someone (sorry, cant remember who it was...) suggested the "Class not
registered" error shows cause the comctl32.dll isnt version 4.7 or up. i
checked that, but it appears even if the dll is above that.
what can i do? why does the "Class not registered" error shows?

--
@ Itamar Benzaken - ita...@writeme.com
@ Creator of HTML Constructor

Re:"class not registered" again

Here's an idea, although I don't know if it will work or not.
Try registering the DLL with Windows (what this will do is create the GUID
in the registry and basically let Windows know it's there...)

Use the file regsvr32.exe (located in your Windows\System directory) to
register it (regsvr32.exe comctl32.dll)

HTH,
Ross Elliott

Itamar Benzaken <ita...@writeme.com> wrote in message

35FD823E.22889...@writeme.com...
>hi,

>someone (sorry, cant remember who it was...) suggested the "Class not
>registered" error shows cause the comctl32.dll isnt version 4.7 or up. i
>checked that, but it appears even if the dll is above that.
>what can i do? why does the "Class not registered" error shows?

>--
>@ Itamar Benzaken - ita...@writeme.com
>@ Creator of HTML Constructor
>@ Website - http://come.to/htmlconstructor
>@ ICQ Pager - http://wwp.mirabilis.com/141070
>@ "You can lead a horse to water,
>@ but if you can get him to float on his back you've really got
>something."

Re:"class not registered" again

 why does the "Class not registered" error shows?

you probably need to register an OCX you use in your program. Use TRegSvr
which you will find in \Delphi\Bin and your problem will be solved.

Example: TRegSvr c:\windows\system\Mscomm32.ocx

Check your code to find out which class we're talking 'bout...

Kees Lagendijk aka Per Plexxen
tel. +31 76 542 25 06
fax. +31 76 543 96 75
mob. +31 65 464 85 67
http://www.assbreda.nl

"Messing things up is easy but to
   really create chaos you need a computer..."

Other Threads