HELP!!: Retrieving user's entry from combo Box

The Delphi and Woll2Woll combo box components do not have property for
retrieving what the user types into the combo box. I need to read what the
user actually typed into the edit portion of a combo box, so that if the
entry is not in the combo box values, I can prompt the user if he/she
wants to add it to the valid list of entries for that field.
I have also checked the Windows API and there seems to be no message for
retrieving the text typed into the combo box.

Is this actually the case?
I hope it isn't, if it is it would warrant an entry in the Strange but
True/Fortean Times kind of magazines.

Help desperately needed. I do not relish writing a new control to do the
job.

Re:HELP!!: Retrieving user's entry from combo Box

In article <4jtpej$...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, KJumoke <kjum...@aol.com>
writes

>The Delphi and Woll2Woll combo box components do not have property for
>retrieving what the user types into the combo box. I need to read what the
>user actually typed into the edit portion of a combo box, so that if the
>entry is not in the combo box values, I can prompt the user if he/she
>wants to add it to the valid list of entries for that field.
>I have also checked the Windows API and there seems to be no message for
>retrieving the text typed into the combo box.

>Is this actually the case?

Not for Delphi, at least - TComboBox.Text gives exactly this.

Catherine.
Catherine Rees-Lay                 Cathe...@polyhdrn.demon.co.uk
Polyhedron Software Ltd.
Programs for Programmers - QA, Compilers, Graphics
************ Visit our Web site on http://www.polyhedron.co.uk/ ************

Other Threads