delphi 1.0 and win95

Dear all,

Is there a newsgroup for delphi?

I am a new user to delphi, and am trying to run delphi 1.0 under
windows95.

I can crash the interactive tutor, 'a quick look at delphi'
On the 'events page' doubling clicking 'Ondblclick' shows the basic form
and then hangs.

This doesn't happen with windows 3.1, although I'm not too happy about
that either - it doesn't always seem to shut down properly, and I have
to switch off.

Has anyone else seen this problem or can shed some light on to it?

Thanking you in anticipation..
John Allwork
j.b.allw...@mmu.ac.uk

Re:delphi 1.0 and win95

In article <3368960B.3...@mmu.ac.uk>,
John Allwork  <j.b.allw...@mmu.ac.uk> wrote:
:Is there a newsgroup for delphi?

Yes, certainly, amply:

 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.advocacy Contentious issues related to Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.announce Delphi related announcements. (Moderated)
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.misc General component issues.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.usage Using pre-written components.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.components.writing Writing Delphi components.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases Database aspects of Borland Delphi.
 comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc General issues with Borland Delphi.
 comp.sources.delphi Delphi and ObjectPascal source code. (Moderated)

The other Pascal newsgroups are

 comp.lang.pascal.ansi-iso Pascal according to ANSI and ISO standards.
 comp.lang.pascal.borland  Borland's Pascal incl. Turbo Pascal (not Delphi!)
 comp.lang.pascal.mac      Macintosh based Pascals.             ^^^^^^^^^^^
 comp.lang.pascal.misc     Pascal in general and ungrouped Pascals.

   All the best, Timo

mailto:t...@uwasa.fi  <URL:http://uwasa.fi/~ts>  ; FIN-65101,  Finland

Re:delphi 1.0 and win95

Nagasaki-45 Chernobyl-86 Windows-95
:)
I have W95 with delphi 1.0 together. I have not problem with delphi. But I
have greatest problem with W95.

John Allwork <j.b.allw...@mmu.ac.uk> wrote in article
<3368960B.3...@mmu.ac.uk>...

> Dear all,

> Is there a newsgroup for delphi?

> I am a new user to delphi, and am trying to run delphi 1.0 under
> windows95.

> I can crash the interactive tutor, 'a quick look at delphi'
> On the 'events page' doubling clicking 'Ondblclick' shows the basic form
> and then hangs.

> This doesn't happen with windows 3.1, although I'm not too happy about
> that either - it doesn't always seem to shut down properly, and I have
> to switch off.

> Has anyone else seen this problem or can shed some light on to it?

> Thanking you in anticipation..
> John Allwork
> j.b.allw...@mmu.ac.uk

Other Threads