idFTP + list -aR

Greetings,

  I'm trying to do a raw command, list -aR with indy ftp client. I know
theres a list built in indy, but I really need to do the raw command. I'm
just not sure how to do it and get the results back. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks

Re:idFTP + list -aR

[This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and
a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <3e2b268...@newsgroups.borland.com>, b...@ex-mania.com
says...

> Greetings,

>   I'm trying to do a raw command, list -aR with indy ftp client. I know
> theres a list built in indy, but I really need to do the raw command. I'm
> just not sure how to do it and get the results back. Any help would be
> appreciated.

You probbly can do a recursive dir list with something such as:

IdFTP1.List(DestStringList,'-aR');

However, Indy 90 probably can not parse the output correctly.  In order
to parse a recursive FTP directly listing, some expansions would have to
be made to the Indy IdFTPList framework so you would have to do some of
your own parsing and indicate to the List type that this is a Unix
server.

To do your own parsing, you would have to know recognize the path
indicator (usually, that is the path name such as pub followed by a
":"), pass the other stuff to the framewark, and then add a relative
specifier.

e.g.

pub:  (note the path because you add it to the filename)
mysoftware_dist.tar.gz - pass this to the normal FTP list parsing route.
Then add the pub path such as this "pub/mysoftware_dist.tar.gz".

Indy 10 will have better support for recursive dir listings.

This will only work if the server supports recursive listings and some
servers that emulate Unix will not support recursive lists at all.

HTH.

--
J. Peter Mugaas - Chairperson, Distribution Team, Indy Pit Crew
Internet Direct (Indy) Website - http://www.nevrona.com/Indy

Other Threads