Bugs with texture in OpenGL

Hi all
I map a texture on a quad strip, and the texture appear like it was full of
noise

Thanks for all who should answer me

Re:Bugs with texture in OpenGL

"Bilbo" <tech2.yxen...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>Hi all
>I map a texture on a quad strip, and the texture appear like it was full of
>noise

>Thanks for all who should answer me

Hard to say without more info, but one possibility is that you don't have the mapping between vertices and texture coordinates correct. Note that a given texture has coordinates running from 0.0 to 1.0, while vertex coordinates can be just about anything. Only if you are using REPEAT would you have texture coordinates greater than 1.0. I'm just shooting in the dark here, without more info.

Jon
http://home1.gte.net/jqjacobs/index.htm

Re:Bugs with texture in OpenGL

Have you
1. swapped the RGB values within the bitmap
2. made sure the bitmap pixel size matches the OpenGL pixel size (eg
24bit ).

There is a bit of work to do before mapping a bitmap as a texture.

"Bilbo" <tech2.yxen...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:3bbdb5cf_1@dnews...
> Hi all
> I map a texture on a quad strip, and the texture appear like it was full
of
> noise

> Thanks for all who should answer me

Other Threads