Standard-UDF doesn't work

i declared the function substr with:

DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION substr
 CSTRING(80), SMALLINT, SMALLINT
 RETURNS CSTRING(80) FREE_IT
 ENTRY_POINT "IB_UDF_substr" MODULE_NAME "ib_udf";

like it explained in the helpfile, but after i called the function
i get the error:

invalid request BLR at offset 63
-function substr is not defined
-module name or entrpoint could not be found

the ib_udf.dll file is in the directory ....\bin
and in ...\lib

Interbase Server Version 5.5
the interbase sql-server runs on windows2000 server.

I tried the same on a local database, and it doesn't work

can anybody help me?

Many thanks!

Re:Standard-UDF doesn't work

I dont remember in 5.5 but in ib 6.0 mast be in /udf

"Michael Jarmer" <michael.jar...@e-tech.at> escribi en el mensaje

> i declared the function substr with:

> DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION substr
>  CSTRING(80), SMALLINT, SMALLINT
>  RETURNS CSTRING(80) FREE_IT
>  ENTRY_POINT "IB_UDF_substr" MODULE_NAME "ib_udf";

> like it explained in the helpfile, but after i called the function
> i get the error:

> invalid request BLR at offset 63
> -function substr is not defined
> -module name or entrpoint could not be found

> the ib_udf.dll file is in the directory ....\bin
> and in ...\lib

> Interbase Server Version 5.5
> the interbase sql-server runs on windows2000 server.

> I tried the same on a local database, and it doesn't work

> can anybody help me?

> Many thanks!

Re:Standard-UDF doesn't work

In article <3cfe2159_2@dnews>, felix.gonzal...@gvgest.es says...

> I dont remember in 5.5 but in ib 6.0 mast be in /udf

        In 5.5 they go in bin.  But you shouldn't use 5.5 on Windows,
because it has serious bugs which can corrupt your DB.  Get the update
to 5.61 from Borland.

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Other Threads