TListView - GetNearestItem method doesn't

G'Day all,
   I have a problem with the TListView component. I want to be able to click
on a subitem that appears in the vsReport layout, and have it perform
some calculations based on the selected ListItem's subitem.
   I checked the help, and found the GetNearestItem method, and implemented
it. But to my annoyance, it did not work! AT ALL! I tried every setting
listed, even debugging the code each time. Nothing!
   The GetItemAt method works as detailed, but I also found that GetNextItem
does not work either.

   Has anyone else encountered this problem before? Does anyone have a way to
work around it?

   Thanking you in advance for your help,

   Craig Gaffney
   cra...@manchester-holdings.com.au