Local SQL - CREATE INDEX problem

I'm having a problem using the CREATE INDEX local SQL function.  I create
the table just fine, however when I try to create a new index later on, an
exception is raised stating that higher level table access is required.
(Sorry, that error is the best I can tell you... this problem was phoned in
by the end user, I have not been able to re-create the error on any
computer.)

I am using a TQuery component on a Paradox table, setting the SQL and then
calling ExecSQL.  Here are the SQL statements:

CREATE TABLE "tempral.db"
(
  aaa CHAR(9),
  bbb CHAR(12),
  ccc CHAR(17),
  ddd BOOLEAN,
  ccc MONEY,
  PRIMARY KEY(aaa)
 )

CREATE DESC INDEX aaa_desc ON "tempral.db" (aaa)

CREATE ASC INDEX bbb_asc ON "tempral.db" (bbb)

These work just fine on all computers I have tried them on with Win95/98 and
NT with a full Borland Database Engine installation.  The users computer is
Win98.

Any help would be wonderful!  This is very time critical!

--
David Bussey
Programmer

Re:Local SQL - CREATE INDEX problem

Hey David,

which versions of Paradox are in use?

kg

D Bussey wrote:
> I'm having a problem using the CREATE INDEX local SQL function.  I create
> the table just fine, however when I try to create a new index later on, an
> exception is raised stating that higher level table access is required.
> (Sorry, that error is the best I can tell you... this problem was phoned in
> by the end user, I have not been able to re-create the error on any
> computer.)

> I am using a TQuery component on a Paradox table, setting the SQL and then
> calling ExecSQL.  Here are the SQL statements:

> CREATE TABLE "tempral.db"
> (
>   aaa CHAR(9),
>   bbb CHAR(12),
>   ccc CHAR(17),
>   ddd BOOLEAN,
>   ccc MONEY,
>   PRIMARY KEY(aaa)
>  )

> CREATE DESC INDEX aaa_desc ON "tempral.db" (aaa)

> CREATE ASC INDEX bbb_asc ON "tempral.db" (bbb)

> These work just fine on all computers I have tried them on with Win95/98 and
> NT with a full Borland Database Engine installation.  The users computer is
> Win98.

> Any help would be wonderful!  This is very time critical!

> --
> David Bussey
> Programmer
> Seek out your Inner Code