Extracting dictionary data from MS Access databases

Hello all,

I'm a Delphi newbie, and I need to upgrade an old VB program (excuse my
language!) that compared two MS Access databases, listing all dictionary &
data differences between the two.  This was straightforward using VB as all
the Access database objects were directly accessible.

Does anyone know of a Delphi freeware component that can extract the
required data in a similar way??  As I mentioned, I need to upgrade this
program and I would like to do it in a real programming language rather than
going the microshite route.

Cheers and copious thank-you's in advance!! ;-)

Re:Extracting dictionary data from MS Access databases

What you want to compare exactly? Structure or data?

Anyway I have written a program which will extract all the table names and
field definition. It works fine with Interbase and paradox but never tested
with Access. Mail me separately if you need more help.

Steven King <ste...@kingsground.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hello all,

> I'm a Delphi newbie, and I need to upgrade an old VB program (excuse my
> language!) that compared two MS Access databases, listing all dictionary &
> data differences between the two.  This was straightforward using VB as
all
> the Access database objects were directly accessible.

> Does anyone know of a Delphi freeware component that can extract the
> required data in a similar way??  As I mentioned, I need to upgrade this
> program and I would like to do it in a real programming language rather
than
> going the microshite route.

> Cheers and copious thank-you's in advance!! ;-)

Re:Extracting dictionary data from MS Access databases

It does works with Access. Contact me with more detail if you need.

Regards
-Mani

Steven King <ste...@kingsground.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hello all,

> I'm a Delphi newbie, and I need to upgrade an old VB program (excuse my
> language!) that compared two MS Access databases, listing all dictionary &
> data differences between the two.  This was straightforward using VB as
all
> the Access database objects were directly accessible.

> Does anyone know of a Delphi freeware component that can extract the
> required data in a similar way??  As I mentioned, I need to upgrade this
> program and I would like to do it in a real programming language rather
than
> going the microshite route.

> Cheers and copious thank-you's in advance!! ;-)

Other Threads