A question for database program programming ?

I Have a question.
when I writen Database program ,  (C/S now , N-tier Later  ) (Sybase
databse)
 someone suggest me to notify below item.
1. Use TdataModule
2. move common sql to common Function
3. notify when use Lookup field .
4. Use Tquery more than Ttable

is it right?

beside this.  i got a problem .
My friend always use TTable , TDBedit , TDBList and use
a lot of lookup field to wirte big c/s database program .

Did it good ? or it's bad .  why ?   please help me .

Re:A question for database program programming ?

"aerosmith" <24sm...@sinamail.com> wrote in message news:3add7964_1@dnews...
> I Have a question.
> when I writen Database program ,  (C/S now , N-tier Later  ) (Sybase
> databse)
>  someone suggest me to notify below item.
> 1. Use TdataModule
> 2. move common sql to common Function
> 3. notify when use Lookup field .
> 4. Use Tquery more than Ttable

> is it right?

I am not sure what you mean when you say, "notify when use Lookup field .",
but everything else is correct.

> beside this.  i got a problem .
> My friend always use TTable , TDBedit , TDBList and use
> a lot of lookup field to wirte big c/s database program .

> Did it good ? or it's bad .  why ?   please help me .

You will get better performance with a SQL database server using TQuery than
you will using TTable. TTable sends more queries to the server to retrieve
metadata and other information than TQuery does. You can see the difference
using SQL Monitor.