===> ERROR: Higher table level required

Have you seen this error message before from the Database Desktop?
Here's what I've done:

Created a paradox table 7 called expenses.
ExpenseID   I * (Key)
ExpenseCAT  A 8
EmpID       A 8
Created     D

Created a paradox table 7 called expenses category
ExpenseCAT  A 8 * (Key)
Description A 45

Saved both.

Next, I opened the expenses table in restructure mode.
I choose Table Lookup under table properties
Selected the ExpenseCAT field and selected the expenses category
table. The field ExpenseCAT showed up under lookup field. I Clicked on
OK and clicked save and received this graceful message:

  Higher Level Table Required. The Help button informed me that no help
is available for this topic.

  Duh.

Naji.

Re:===> ERROR: Higher table level required

>Have you seen this error message before from the Database Desktop?
>Here's what I've done:

Yes.  First Paradox table level used will not be higher than the default table
level in BDE if the features used do not require a higher field type.
So setting a level 7 table in create is not enough to always get a level 7
table.

If you have a table (not level 7) and try to add a lookup table that uses a long
file name or path a level 7 table will be required.
This is the higher table level the message refers to.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads