Delphi 2.0 connects to SQLServer 6.0 problem!

Hi! Everybody:

I have a problem with Delphi 2.0 C/S connecting to SQLServer 6.0.
I use the native driver under BDE Configure program. When the alias
is set and try to connect to SQLServer 6.0 under Database Explorer,
it shows an error message "program initial error : NTWDBLIB.DLL "
(or somthing like that).  Anyway, I can find "NTWDBLIB.DLL" in any
directory.  What is the problem?  How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Chao-Yee Hsu

Re:Delphi 2.0 connects to SQLServer 6.0 problem!

If you can't find NTWDBLIB in any directory, then you need to install the
32-bit SQL Server Client software using the SQL Server 6.x WorkStation
disk. This client software is also on the Server disk too if I remember
right. This file does not come with Delphi, but rather from SQL Server 6.x
instead.

<31E45496....@tpts1.seed.net.tw>...
> Hi! Everybody:

> I have a problem with Delphi 2.0 C/S connecting to SQLServer 6.0.
> I use the native driver under BDE Configure program. When the alias
> is set and try to connect to SQLServer 6.0 under Database Explorer,
> it shows an error message "program initial error : NTWDBLIB.DLL "
> (or somthing like that).  Anyway, I can find "NTWDBLIB.DLL" in any
> directory.  What is the problem?  How can I fix it?

> Thanks in advance.

> Chao-Yee Hsu

Re:Delphi 2.0 connects to SQLServer 6.0 problem!

Chao-Yee Hsu <Chao...@tpts1.seed.net.tw> wrote:
>I have a problem with Delphi 2.0 C/S connecting to SQLServer 6.0.
>I use the native driver under BDE Configure program. When the alias
>is set and try to connect to SQLServer 6.0 under Database Explorer,
>it shows an error message "program initial error : NTWDBLIB.DLL "
>(or somthing like that).  Anyway, I can find "NTWDBLIB.DLL" in any
>directory.  What is the problem?  How can I fix it?
>Chao-Yee Hsu

Hi !
I had the same problem and resolved it installing the MS SQL Client
utilities in the client system. It seems than this DLL is required for
Delphi to connect to SQL but it's not included in the Delphi CD
itself. I suppose you will be able to copy only this file from the SQL
original package insteal of all the client utilities (ISQL/w,
Enterprise Manager,...).
Hope this helps.
Santi.

Re:Delphi 2.0 connects to SQLServer 6.0 problem!

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996 12:01:52 GMT, san...@redestb.es (Santiago

Belaustegui) wrote:
>Chao-Yee Hsu <Chao...@tpts1.seed.net.tw> wrote:
>>I have a problem with Delphi 2.0 C/S connecting to SQLServer 6.0.
>>I use the native driver under BDE Configure program. When the alias
>>is set and try to connect to SQLServer 6.0 under Database Explorer,
>>it shows an error message "program initial error : NTWDBLIB.DLL "
>>(or somthing like that).  Anyway, I can find "NTWDBLIB.DLL" in any
>>directory.  What is the problem?  How can I fix it?

>>Chao-Yee Hsu

>Hi !
>I had the same problem and resolved it installing the MS SQL Client
>utilities in the client system. It seems than this DLL is required for
>Delphi to connect to SQL but it's not included in the Delphi CD
>itself. I suppose you will be able to copy only this file from the SQL
>original package insteal of all the client utilities (ISQL/w,
>Enterprise Manager,...).
>Hope this helps.
>Santi.

I also had this problem, and I solved it by copying the NTWDBLIB.DLL
from the MSSQL/BINN directory into the workstation's Windows/System
directory.

Brien King
bk...@primenet.com

Other Threads