converting pascal code to c, c++ or java

Peter Ritmeester wrote:
> Does ayone know of a clever way or a (commercial) program than can convert
> my Turbo Pascal code to Java? Converting it to c or c++ would be of great
> help too.

No, but Irie <http://www.irietools.com/> has a Pascal to Java Bytecode
compiler.

 - Sebastian

--
Add "NOSPAM" to my email to send me junk!

Re:converting pascal code to c, c++ or java

> > Does ayone know of a clever way or a (commercial) program than can convert
> > my Turbo Pascal code to Java? Converting it to c or c++ would be of great
> > help too.

> No, but Irie <http://www.irietools.com/> has a Pascal to Java Bytecode
> compiler.

p2c is a GNU licensed Pascal to C converter, some linux distributions
include it standard.

However the chances of automatically converting TP code is very slim.
Only very clean code can be auto-ported.

--

Marco van de Voort (Mar...@stack.nl or ma...@freepascal.org)

Re:converting pascal code to c, c++ or java

> No, but Irie <http://www.irietools.com/> has a Pascal to Java Bytecode
> compiler.

Actually Irie Tools does not have such a compiler.
The Irie Pascal compiler generates bytecodes but not Java bytecodes.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

sking9...@my-deja.com wrote:
>> No, but Irie <http://www.irietools.com/> has a Pascal to Java Bytecode
>> compiler.

> Actually Irie Tools does not have such a compiler.
> The Irie Pascal compiler generates bytecodes but not Java bytecodes.

I know that they have an own bytecode interpreter. I *think* I read
that they managed to also produce code for the JVM, so I thoughtlessly
wrote my previous posting. When checking, I could not find that info
on their web site.

However, Irie Pascal is not TP compatible anyway.

 - Sebastian

--
Add "NOSPAM" to my email to send me junk!

Other Threads